A photo posted by True Grit Running Company (@truegritrunningcompany) on
3. Target Beauty Box– Earlier this month I purchased the Target Beauty box. It included Laneige BB Cushion, ChapStick Total Hydration 3-in-1 Tinted Lip Balm, EDEN BodyWorks Peppermint Tea Tree Shampoo, EDEN BodyWorks Peppermint Tea Tree Conditioner, Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer, Derma E Hydrating Day Crème with Hyaluronic Acid and Wet n Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner. Normally, Target sells out of these before I get a chance to buy one so I was so excited when I was finally quick enough to purchase the Beauty Box. I’ve been using the products for a little over a week and I truly LOVE all of them. I especially love the tinted ChapStick and the Derma E Hydrating Day Crème (it smells and feels amazing).
4. Oiselle Women’s Lux Sweatshirt – Amazon has deep discounts on most styles and sizes of the deliciously Lux Sweatshirt. I got the Deep Rose color for $21.23 (normally priced at $88) and it’s like wearing a heavenly soft cloud.
5. Siracusa by Delia Ephron-Ephron delivers a meditation on marriage, friendship, and the meaning of travel. Set on the sun-drenched coast of the Ionian Sea, Siracusa unfolds with the pacing of a psychological thriller and delivers an unexpected final act that none can see coming.
Sugar Shenanigans – Each year, the way I celebrate back to school (and bribe teachers) is with Sugar Shenanigans homemade decorated sugar cookies. They are impeccably decorated and delicious.
Relationship Goals – The 2016 Olympic games seem to have produced a wider range of stories than any other games. From women’s gymnastics, to diving, to swimmer scandals. But none have captured my heart as much as the budding bromance between Jamaican Usain Bolt and Canadian Andre De Grasse. I love the competitive spirit of the young fresh athlete wanting to beat the best in the world. Those friendly rivalries are what push us to be better and I love to see it at the Olympics.
Proudly American Balega – I LOVE the Balega Ultralight No Show socks for these hot and humid summer runs and I’m obsessed with my Proudly American Limited Edition. I stay cool and feel patriotic all at the same time. Thank you Balega!.
#TrumpExplainsMoviePlots – Yesterday Twitter exploded with users sharing their favorite movie plots using the style of speech Trump has now become synonymous with. All politics aside, some of these are just funny.
Big shark. Biggest shark you ever saw. I saw it, folks. Huge. Police chief. Great guy, friend of mine. He KILLED it #TrumpExplainsMoviePlots
It’s that time again and we are here to take note of the five things that are helping us to ring in the weekend!
Olympics – Duh! The Olympics start today and it’s all anyone can talk about. The conditions in Rio may be a bit unnerving, what with zika and contaminated water and all, but it still encourages a sense of pride seeing fellow Americans compete at the top of their game in a global field. USA! USA! USA!
Oiselle Lori Shorts – To celebrate the Olympics I’ll be wearing my new Oiselle Lori Shorts in Podium Blue Paint Brush print. I love these shorts. They aren’t too poofy, have pockets and a neat design. P.S. They’re on sale!!
Runhers Discount – If watching top athletes bust a move during the Olympics incites courage and motivation in you to run your own race, well you’re in luck! You can now run the Spirit of Survival race for 10% less. Runhers Norman graciously posted a discount code for Spirit of Survival. To get 10% off registration for any of the Spirit of Survival races use discount code RUNHR.
Bad Moms – I’m going to see this movie this weekend and am freaking excited. Between Bad Moms and the Olympics, my weekend is set!
Vacuum dog – I’m obsessed with this dog. Number one, he isn’t afraid of the vacuum. Number two, just think of all the time you would save of having to sweep up the house if your dog would just let you vacuum them. Secret confession: my house is covered in dog fur.
Happy Friday!! We’re back for another edition of the Friday Five. Last week was the inaugural post of this new Run Oklahoma institution. So get set, and get ready for five things that topped the list this week.
theSkimm – The Daily Skimm is the email newsletter that gives you everything you need to know to start your day. They break down what’s going on in the world with fresh editorial content. theSkimm helps me stay informed so I can sound like a smarty pants at work. It’s my most favorite thing getting dropped in my inbox (read: I get to much SPAM). Anyway, I love it and I hope you do too.
Halo Top Ice Cream – 100% all-natural light ice cream. 60-70 calories per serving, protein rich, sugar-poor, best ingredients, and tastes great. It’s not as creamy as regular full fat and sugar ice cream but it also doesn’t make you feel like sugar shit after eating it and Halo Top ice cream is packed full of delicious flavor. I tried the chocolate and mint chocolate chip flavors this week while binge watching the Gilmore Girls and you can imagine the pure guiltless heaven that it was.
A photo posted by Halo Top Creamery (@halotopcreamery) on
Oiselle O Snap Tank – I coveted this tank for about a year and finally bought one (on sale). It arrived this week and I couldn’t wait to try it on. The O Snap tank is everything I hoped it would be. Flattering of the shoulders, cool geometric shape, nice color (I got the storm color), and delightfully soft fabric. Versatile enough to wear casually out on the town or for a run. Love. Love. Love.
Races2Remember – With fall half marathon racing season just around the corner, I placed my order for my pace bands from Races 2 Remember. They customize your pace for the race course elevation and offer a bunch of different race strategies. I’m a fan of the modified warm up band. Also, you get three bands per order, so you’ll have options come race day!
Gilmore Girls on Netflix – I must confess, I never watched Gilmore Girls when it was on TV. I don’t know why I didn’t watch it but it may have to due with the fact that I as busy being a Nickleback fan (I’m so ashamed) and having my own awkward “girl coming of age” moments. Regardless, I started binge watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix and I’m OBSESSED!! I want to live in Stars Hollow, attend Chilton, and BE a Gilmore Girl. I only have a little over 3 months to watch all seven seasons before Netflix airs the reunion November 25. I’M SO EXCITED!!
We’re starting a new tradition called The Friday Five. But this idea isn’t new. Social media and blogging are, at times, a great way to connect with people you otherwise wouldn’t even know. Take, for example, Jen from Jen Chooses Joy. I “met” her through Instagram and caught on to her blog. She was very open about her experiences with running, incredibly engaging with her audience, and had an infectious outlook because the JOY radiated from the pages of her blog and from her pictures. But last fall she disappeared from the interwebs. She ran the NYC Marathon and POOF, she stopped posting all together. Perhaps her disappearance is due to the other side of social media and blogging that consists of internet trolls and negativity or maybe she just didn’t want to do it anymore. Whatever the reason, as a fan of her blog I wish her nothing but the best.
One of the things I miss from her blog is The Friday Five. It was just a list of five things that she was thinking about, laughing about, or enjoying. That’s it. Just five things going on in her life. But oddly enough it was a fun quick way to connect with someone or just something silly to look forward to on Friday. With Jen’s departure from blogging, I’m going to pick up The Friday Five tradition and make it a regular topic for Run Oklahoma. So without further ado, let’s get Friday rolling with Run Oklahoma’s first Friday Five.
1. Ice Cold Showers – After running in the heat of the summer an immediate shower sure sounds magnificent. A much needed way to rinse away all the sweat and salt. A hot or even warm shower just doesn’t seem to do the trick because I’m still sweating after the shower. So I’ve diverted to cold showers. I must say they are actually a relief from the humidity. It feels like steam is coming off my head once that cold water hits me. Not only has it been really good for my hair and skin, but I like to think that the cold water helps with muscle fatigue and inflammation from my runs and aiding with recovery. Not sure if it is but who cares; I like it.
2. Walmart Grocery Pick Up – They must have heard customers loud and clear that were saying “I’d rather pay more money and go to Target than go to Walmart” because now you don’t have to go inside Walmart to get their deals. A couple of months ago Walmart launched their Free Grocery Pick Up. You simply place an order online, choose a time slot, and your order will be loaded directly into your car at your local Walmart. I’ve tried it and I’m hooked.
3. Oiselle Go Tank and Flyte Shorts – This is my go to summer running outfit. The Go Tank is the quintessential Oiselle summer tank. Light weight. Breathable. Comfortable. Cute colors. The Flyte Shorts are like a second skin ensuring that thigh rubbing and subsequent chaffing are kept to a minimum.
4. The Assistants – I’m currently reading this book about underpaid millennial assistants that steal money from the multinational media conglomerate they work for to pay off thousands of dollars of student loan debt. I’m half way through and so far so good.
5. Salad Cat – I know it’s ridiculous but I look at this picture probably once a day and get a chuckle from it. Every. Single. Time.